COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy during these unprecedented times. We would like to share and update you on what we have been working on with opening CJ’s SKATEPARK and what our plans are for the immediate future. If you have any specific questions, we encourage you to email info@CJsSKATEPARK.com or call the skatepark at 905-272-6888.
CJ’s SKATEPARK is now available for private rental for competition training. You must phone ahead to book your spot.
As the safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority, we’ve put a few mandatory measures in place to make things safe for everyone. Please make note of these changes during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- To ensure safe social distancing, the skatepark has been divided into 8 zones. You must book the zone you want to skate in advance by phone. There is a maximum amount of 5 people allowed in one zone. We will be rotating zones every 40 minutes so that everyone will be able to safely access multiple 3 different areas during their visit.
- During each session, only 5 zones will be open at a time on a rotating basis so that we can clean 3 zones in between.
- Private rental session times: 10am – 12pm; 12pm – 2pm; 2pm – 4pm; 4pm – 6pm; 6pm – 8pm , 7 days a week.
- Cost: $180 for private groups of up to 5 people. You are required to organize your own group of 5 people so you can ensure everyone is practicing social distancing. 50% deposit is required.
Zone 1: Tech Deck mini ramps (2nd floor)
Zone 2: North street with keyhole
Zone 3: Centre street with A-frame
Zone 4: South street with flat street
Zone 5: Mini ramp and adjoining foam pit ramp area and deck facing vert ramp (note that foam pit is closed during COVID-19 pandemic for sanitary precautions)
Zone 6: Vert ramp
Zone 7: Concrete bowl
Zone 8: Back section under bowl with flat area and quarter pipes
- UPDATE: For your safety, and all the safety of our guests and staff, we now require all skateboarders, scooter riders, in-line and roller skaters to wear a surgical cloth mask while riding. You can either bring your own mask to use or purchase a disposable blue surgical triple layered mask from our front desk for $2.00. In the non-riding areas, you are still required to buy a CJ’s SKATEPARK Face Shield for $6.00 and wear it until you enter the riding areas. Anyone caught not following these rules will be kicked out of the park. We will not be offering refunds to those who violate our safety protocols and offenders may not be allowed to return until after COVID-19 is over.
- We will take your temperature when you enter the door with a non-contact infrared thermometer. If you have a fever, you will be asked to go home.
- If you are under the age of 18, you are allowed to have ONE parent/guardian stay while you are skating. The parent/guardian must also wear a Face Shield and stay in the viewing area upstairs and practice safe social distancing. With younger children, we encourage parents to remain with their group in the skatepark to ensure proper social distancing within their group. We know skateboarding can be a social sport, so we need everyone’s cooperation to ensure there are no interactions taking place less than 2 metres apart.
- No rental equipment is available. Please visit our website for safety guidelines so that you can bring your own equipment. Our Pro Shop is also open if you would like to purchase equipment or apparel. Concessions are also available.
- If you or anyone in your household feels ill or has a slight fever, stay home.
- During your visit, you MUST practice safe social distancing and follow our strict safety measures. Failure to abide by our safety protocols will result in your immediate removal. We will not be issuing refunds. No exceptions.
We are closely monitoring the situation as it evolves and following measures put in place by the Ontario government and health officials. As we are doing what’s safest for everyone during these times, we are evaluating our safety measures each day and may change or alter any of the protocols and procedures put in place.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Be safe, stay well.