– CODE OF CONDUCT –
RULES OF SAFETY AND CONDUCT
- ALL RIDERS MUST follow the natural flow and pattern of the park.
- Pick a lane and wait your turn before you attempt your run.
- No wax.
- Lessons or contests are NOT allowed in the Park unless organized and run by CJ’s.
- NO food or open containers allowed in the Park at any time.
- NO outside food or drink allowed in the building due to the sponsorship agreements with our vendors.
- CJ’s SKATEPARK reserves the right to TERMINATE any membership at any time, and to remove ANYONE from the Park at any time FOR ANY REASON.
- Be respectful of other riders, staff and volunteers.
- RIDERS 12 YRS. OF AGE & UNDER: Must wear full protective equipment (helmet, knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards) in the Park at all times. Wrist guards are not required if you are riding a scooter.
- RIDERS 13-15 YRS. OF AGE: Must wear helmet (and knee pads if using the VERT RAMP)
- EVERY RIDER is required to wear a Helmet and Knee Pads when using the VERT RAMP and a Helmet when using the FOAM PIT.
- Helmets MUST be worn with straps fastened under the chin at all times.
- Participants UNDER THE AGE of 18 must have their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) sign a Waiver in the presence of a Park employee.
- ALL RIDERS MUST wear a CJ’s wristband.
- Proper attire MUST be worn at all times while in the building (skate shoes/running shoes, shirts).
- Skateboarding in Lobby, Pro shop, Lounge and/or 2nd Floor Mezzanine Hallways is NOT PERMITTED.
- Please use appropriate language at all times.
- All personal belongings should be left at home or placed in a locker, which are available for rent or free to use for members if you bring your own lock.
- CJ’s is NOT responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are PROHIBITED in this facility.
2ND FLOOR VIEWING AREA
- Please show respect.
- No horseplay. No exceptions.
- Area is monitored by security cameras, smile!
FOAM PIT GUIDELINES
- Foam Pit Closed for COVID
- Be sure to inspect your equipment before each use.
- No beginners are allowed until first tested and approved by an authorized staff member.
- Remove all loose or sharp objects from pockets before entering.
- One person at a time.
- Look carefully before descending down launch ramp.
- Aim for the middle.
- Feet first only attempts.
- No head first jumps.
- Never land in an arched position, on your chest or on your stomach.
- Horseplay is not permitted.
- Only attempt tricks appropriate to your skill level.
- Ensure all trick attempts are safe.
- No waiting or standing on the decks.
- The foam pit is there to allow you to safely practice and learn new tricks.
- Always follow a safe practice method.
We have installed a video replay system in the park above the foam pit, which is an excellent teaching tool allowing riders to see themselves as they approach, enter and perform tricks in the foam pit.
Equipment is available for rental. Please see the fees section for full rental costs (click here).
If you have your own equipment please bring it along, and one of our staff will gladly inspect it for safe use in the park. If you do not have your own pads or helmet we sell and rent them at the park – please speak to our staff for sizing and rates. Helmets should be ideal for multiple impacts, for this reason bicycle helmets are not approved.
Lockers are available to rent or are free to use for member(s) who bring their own lock(s)
A waiver must be signed on site.