Join Us for Summer Camp!
The Ontario Government has given the green light on day camp! Join us in our 55,000+ square foot indoor skatepark for summer camp this July & August for skateboarding and scooter riding! It’ll be the coolest place to be this summer as we’re air conditioned!
We’re gearing up to operate camp starting Monday, June 29th.
As safety is our number one priority, we’ve made many adjustments to camp:
- Campers will be divided into smaller groups of 10 (8 campers, 1 counsellor, and 1 assistant) with each group occupying a specific zone in the skatepark to ensure safe physical and social distancing at all times. We will be rotating zones throughout the day and doing other activities that take physical distancing into account.
- We are limiting the number of visitors in our skatepark at one time to ensure safe physical distancing. As such, camp drop offs and intake will be spaced out. Campers and parents will need to line up outside and maintain safe physical distance until they are directed by a staff member and told that they can enter the skatepark. Please allow for extra wait time at drop off.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Services Health & Safety Association, we will be actively screening campers every morning. When parents come to the skatepark to drop off their child, they will need to ring a doorbell once they enter the inner door and wait until a staff member lets them in. They will then be escorted to a station where they will have their temperature checked using a non-contact infrared thermometer, sanitize their hands using our hand sanitizer, and asked a series of screening questions. Campers with a temperature above 37.8°C and/or who do not pass the screen will not be permitted in camp. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we will not be offering any refunds.
- We will be asking campers to use our hand sanitizer and wash their hands throughout the day.
- Campers will be required to purchase a CJ’s Face Shield for $6.00 and wear it in our facility when they aren’t skating or eating. Face Shields are made of polycarbonate, are durable, washable and reusable and a great way to keep you and others around you safe. Campers also have the option of purchasing an attachable Face Shield to fasten to their helmet to use while skating or scooter riding for $10 each. The attachable Face Shield is thicker and can be worn either on a helmet or on its own. Although it is optional, we strongly/highly recommend campers purchase and use a Face Shield or disposable cloth mask (available for $2 each) while in the park.
- Parents who choose to remain in the skatepark beyond pickup and drop off (purchasing equipment in the Pro Shop, watching skate demos, watching their child skate, etc.) will also be required to purchase and wear a CJ’s Face Shield. If handing product in the Pro Shop, parents will also be required to wear gloves.
- We have placed floor decals throughout our facility to help campers maintain safe physical social distance as part of a program we have partnered in called “Be Smart Stay Apart”.
- All staff are required to wear a Face Shield and gloves at all times.
- Teaching will be contactless and from a distance of 2 metres apart.
- Rental equipment will not be available. You will either need to bring your own or purchase equipment from our fully stocked Pro Shop with hundreds of items including skate decks, scooters, gear, full accessories, brand name shoes, and apparel.
- We will be giving campers time to spend outside either skating or playing organized games on our property.
- We will be providing individual catered lunches for each camper, which is included in the cost of camp. Campers are also welcome to bring their own nut-free lunch.
- Lunches and breaks will be staggered to allow for physical distancing.
- When camp is in session, we will not be open to the general public. After camp, the skatepark is open to the general public from 4pm – 8pm with limited capacity for safety precautions.
- Our facility will be cleaned thoroughly at the beginning and end of each day with additional cleaning of frequently touched surfaces throughout the day.
- We are completely air conditioned with fresh air return. As an additional precaution, we will be circulating and exchanging the air supply in our building with fresh air using our automatic 24ft fans at the end of each day while turning the AC units off and opening all the exit doors.
- If a camper or anyone in their household feels ill or has a slight fever, campers are asked to stay home.
DROP OFF: 8:30am
PICK UP: 4:00pm
COST: With lower ratios, the cost of additional staff and safety measures put in place, our expenses have increased. We realize that times are tough as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, so we are honouring the previous years’ cost of camp.
$299 for 5-day weeks; $249 for 4-day weeks (June 29th – July 3rd & August 4th – 7th). No single days available.
Visit our website for more information or to register: https://quickcamp.cjsskatepark.com/
Please note that we have a limited number of spots.
If you have any further questions about summer camp, please email us at info@CJsSKATEPARK.com or give us a call at 905-272-6888.